- Film submission opens 28 Feb 2015
- Entry deadline is 31 May 2015
- The IBFF SHORT FILM is organised and executed by INTERNATIONAL BICYCLE FILM FESTIVAL CO. LTD. referred to as Organiser. Contact partner for filmmakers is INTERNATIONAL BICYCLE FILM FESTIVAL CO. LTD. The main sponsors of IBFF are referred to as sponsors.
- The IBFF SHORT FILM calls for entries refers to films that are new, pre-existing or have been specially produced for the competition. All film formats are permissible as production media, from 35mm films to mobile phones. There are no restrictions regarding style or genre. The duration of the film should not exceed 15 minutes (if need be, excluding the final credits) and may not be older than three years (year of production: 2013, 2014, 2015). Films may contain dialogue in any language, but must be subtitled in English.
- Directors, producers, artists etc. (entitled representatives of the film) are required to register for participation in the competition via the form on the website (www.ibff.cc), stating all details therein.
There are three different options to send us your film:
- If the film can be viewed online (only on YouTube or Vimeo sites, public or password protected), please include the relevant link (and password) on the application form.
- You will be arranged to upload a video file to our FTP Server. You will get the login data per Email). Format of the viewing file: mp4/mov, max. 300MB.
- If the film is not available in an online version, it may be submitted as a DVD/data DVD by sending it to our postal address:
International Bicycle Film Festival Co. Ltd.
1/F, 37 Cochrane Street, Cheung Hing Commercial Building, Central, Hong Kong
(re: IBFF Film Submission)
The sender takes responsibility for the risk and cost of sending viewing material and screening copies to the IBFF office. All parcels from overseas must be clearly marked with a customs declaration stating the following: For cultural purposes only. No commercial value. Costs arising from incorrect declarations will be charged to the account of the sender. Submission deadline is Sunday, 31 May 2015 at 12:00 midnight (Hong Kong Time). The time refers to the moment at which the online registration form has been completed and submitted.
- The selection of films for the IBFF Short Film rests with IBFF. Of all submitted films, the best will be chosen and presented in a short film programme. These films qualify as the IBFF Short Film nominees.
All nominated films will be screened in public at the following the IBFF Film Festival in Hong Kong, Singapore and/or other countries to be announced subsequently. Therefore all nominees will be asked to send in high-resolution video files of their films.
- Upon entering their film, participants confirm that all visual and sound material used in the film is free from the rights of third parties.
- Upon submission of entry, the submitting party grants the organizer the non-exclusive right (limited in time and location) to
- make the formers entry available to the public on the website www.ibff.cc
- to make it publicly available for purposes of presentation of the project in social media
- to screen it publicly during all IBFF film festival events to be scheduled
The organizer is entitled to compile a highlights sequence from the entries that may be used as IBFF promotional purposes.
- With respect to any third parties participating in the film, the submitting party must ensure in advance that these have agreed to comply with submission regulations.